If you are thinking of selling your house in Kenosha-Racine, you’ve probably seen billboards advertising companies that buy houses for cash. You may have seen signs such as “We Buy Kenosha-Racine Houses”, “Cash for Your House”, or “We Buy Any House for Cash”.
You are probably wondering if you can trust these types of house buyers.
Are These “We Buy Houses in Kenosha-Racine Companies” Credible?
Selling your house is a serious matter. And it makes sense to make sure that you deal with credible real estate professionals. After all, in any industry, some experts know what they’re doing, but others will take you for a ride.
At the start, companies that buy houses in Kenosha-Racine for cash may seem similar. But as you dig deeper, you’ll see that there are differences between local house buying companies. So, it’s worth doing some due diligence before working with anyone.
Buying and selling houses is a respectable profession. Many property investors benefit local communities and help house sellers in many different ways. However, a minority of house buyers can indeed make the rest of us look bad.
Respected house buyers in Kenosha-Racine are decent folks who work hard to improve neighborhoods one property at a time.
Unfortunately, there are also shady, dishonest ones who put money ahead of their clients. Some of these unscrupulous investors would probably sign a contract to sell their grandmother with one hand and stab you in the back with the other. With them, it all comes down to making a quick buck—no matter how they do it.
Here at At Home Buyers, we take pride in our work and have a respected reputation in the local community. We want to do what we can to help you avoid those “shady house buyers”—after all, selling your house is already a stressful time. We want to put you in touch with ethical, reputable local companies who will buy your home for a fair price and close on your schedule.
How to Spot Reputable Kenosha-Racine House Buyers
How can you identify trusted house buyers in the local area? Here are a few things to look for.
- Get cash for your house fast— Trusted house buyers help folks access the money they need immediately. You might need the money in your house (equity) to cover unexpected medical bills or to relocate to be close to a relative. We can make that happen in a matter of days—not weeks or months. This can give you peace of mine.
- No hassle house sales—Selling to investors such as us means you have a hassle-free house sale. You don’t have to wait for months while an agent finds the right buyer.
- We create local jobs—Reputable house buyers work with local professionals to support the local economy. We only use local plumbers, electricians, title reps, loan officers, and brokers. Did you know that as many as 86 professionals can be involved in real estate transactions? Our investments create jobs for people in Kenosha-Racine, WI.
- Buy US products—We also spend a ton of money on materials that are sourced in the USA. Our property investing creates jobs in factories, timber mills, supply shops, and distribution centers. The local economy depends on steady improvements, and we are proud to be a part of those.
- Increase the value of Kenosha-Racine neighborhoods—When we buy a house, we improve it and increase its value. This has a direct impact on local neighborhoods and communities. Very often, we buy and repair foreclosed, abandoned, or neglected houses and turn them into stunning homes for families. This activity only boosts the value of Kenosha-Racine neighborhoods.
- Boosting the local tax base—New buyers who buy one of our houses pay a higher tax rate due to the improved property value. These taxes help pay for essential services such as schools, police, fire, libraries, and streets.
Did you know that reputable Kenosha-Racine investors played such an essential role in the local economy?
Many people think that house flipping is just a quick ‘get-rich-quick’ scheme without thought for the local economy. One of the reasons for this falsehood is silly reality TV shows that suggest you can make a quick buck by buying a derelict house.
However, the day-to-day life of a reputable house buyer is much different. We spend our time coordinating with lots of people to make sure that things happen on time for you.
How to Find a Reputable Local House Buyer
When you talk with a potential house buyer, it’s a good idea to ask a few questions to see if they can be trusted. You can ask open-ended questions such as these:
- How do you help your clients?
- What additional services do you provide?
- Do you have references that I can check out?
- What do you enjoy doing most for people?
- What’s your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you will close on my house?
Apart from asking plenty of questions, there are a few red flags to look out for. If home buyers start using any of these, then it’s time to look elsewhere. What should you look out for? Here are a few warnings:
- Kitchen table closings—Reputable house buyers don’t get you to sign the deed of ownership at your house. They always choose a professional place, such as a title company or closing attorney. So, never close deals in your home.
- Pressure you into closing fast—Never be forced into selling your house before you are ready. Reputable house buyers in Kenosha-Racine will make you an offer. However, you will have plenty of time to consider this and come to a decision.
- Avoid answering questions—Most shady house buyers won’t spend too much time answering your questions. These scammers are on the prowl for unsuspecting homeowners, looking to deceive them.
Of course, an all-cash offer on your home can’t stay on the table indefinitely. So, reputable house buyers generally allow seven days for you to make a decision. The reason for this is that markets change fast. Also, trusted investors such as At Home Buyers are buying multiple houses a month. When we make an offer, we are guaranteeing you that we have the cash to purchase your house. So, if you decide to sell your home, you have the peace of mind that the deal will go through without any hassle.
Trusted investors who stick by honest and ethical practices in Kenosha-Racine look to build long-term relationships with their clients. That is also our philosophy. So, don’t be afraid to ask us questions about selling your house for cash.